Policies & Documents
CECV Statement of Commitment to Child Safety
Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
Child Safety and Wellbeing Record Keeping Policy.docx
Child Safety and Wellbeing Record Keeping Procedures
Procedure for Ensuring that Staff Are Informed about Mandatory Reporting Oligations
PROTECT – Indentifying and Responding to Abuse Reporting Obligations
Child Safety and Welfare of Students
First Aid Policy and Guidelines
MACS Code of Conduct for School Advisory Council Members
MACS Pastoral Care of Students Policy
School Anti-Bullying Policy (Including Cyberbullying)
School Medical Management Policy
School Student Behaviour Policy
Suspension, Negotiated Transfer and Expulsion
At St. Jude’s we recognise that the school plays a vital role in advancing democratic ideals and principles. For democracy to continue to thrive, children must be taught democratic ideals and principles and to value its way of life. St. Jude’s will explicitly and implicitly support and promote the principles of Australian democracy, including a commitment to:
• elected government
• the rule of law
• equal rights for all before the law
• freedom of religion
• freedom of speech and association
• the values of openness and tolerance.
Through our curricular and extracurricular programs, St. Jude’s will prepare our children to become citizens who will preserve and shape democracy in the future. Democratic values will be taught explicitly in the curriculum and implicitly in the child’s experience of the school, from classroom practice, and from what is taught to how it is taught.
School Philospohy Statement
The constitution of Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Ltd (MACS) contains a Statement of Mission, which provides the expectations of the sole member of MACS, the Archbishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne (Member), for Catholic schooling and the identity and work of a Catholic school. The Statement of Mission positions MACS firmly in the reality of the Eucharistic character of the Catholic school, affirming that its enterprise is one that builds community and provides opportunity for personal transformation.
With parents and parishes, Catholic schooling seeks to fulfil this mission by providing an environment in which students are enabled to:
- encounter God in Christ and deepen their relationship with him
- pursue wisdom and truth encouraged by a supportive academic culture
- grow in the practice of virtue, responsible freedom and serving the common
A Catholic school:
- is actively embedded in the life of the faith communities of the local Church, which in turn is tangibly manifested in the life of each school
- is an essential place for the evangelising of children and young people
- exists to assist students, and their families, to integrate faith, reason, life and culture
- is conspicuously Christian in outlook, explicitly Catholic in faith and practice, and intentionally missionary in orientation
- cultivates spiritual, social and emotional growth in a safe and protective environment
- provides a learning environment in which the whole educational community is formed to embrace life in all its fullness (Jn 10)
- offers a human formation that has the intellectual, practical and moral excellence of learners at its heart
- forms consciences, fosters peace and develops respectful dialogue, at the service of intellectual charity
- encourages the discovery of Catholic cultural heritage, especially in art, music, literature and
St. Jude’s is a school which operates with the consent of the Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne and is owned, operated and governed by MACS. St. Jude’s is a primary school which has been established to provide quality education in the Catholic doctrine for families in the Scoresby area.
In a spirit of Pastoral Outreach of St. Jude’s Parish, we, the people of the parish, are called to “Serve the Lord with Joy”. We respect diversity and welcome all who choose to belong to our community.
By sharing our gifts and resources generously, we support and encourage all people who come our way. Let all our voices be heard in a spirit of openness that fosters ongoing communication across our Parish.
At St. Jude the Apostle Primary School
we endeavour to live out our Catholic faith based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
We strive to provide a learning environment where all children are encouraged to
develop as independent, critical, reflective lifelong learners
as members of local and global communities.
At St. Jude the Apostle Primary School we value integrity, inquiry, excellence, spirituality, a sense of respect. Our values set out expectations for all members of the school community.
At St. Jude the Apostle Primary School we aim to empower all people to take their place in a contemporary, global society as valued individuals, alive with the wisdom of the gospel.
At St Jude the Apostle Primary School we believe that we are all lifetime learners and that learning occurs in many different ways and forms. We learn from our interactions with the community that surrounds us. We believe that we have a responsibility to encourage children in our care to become responsible, contributing members of Australian and global societies.
St. Jude’s is a school that is committed to the values and principles of Australian Democracy, including:
- the rule of law;
- elected Government;
- equal rights for all before the law;
- freedom of religion;
- freedom of speech and association;
- the values of openness and tolerance.
These values are communicated to the wider community through parental involvement in our Learning and Teaching programs, our Student Leadership Structures, our policies and to the wider community through our school website.
In our teaching we aim to be present to all children allowing them to both learn from us and to teach us. To accomplish this aim we create an atmosphere that allows children to grow and develop, to make mistakes without the fear of failure, where they can be challenged to stretch their horizons and be empowered with the knowledge and skills to realise their dreams.
Would you like to know more about our school?
Meet our principal, teachers, current students, parents, learn about our curriculum opportunities and tips for a smooth start to school.
St Jude’s Primary School is committed to the Victorian Child Safety Standards - Click here for more info
Website, graphic design, videos & photography by Digital Schools | www.digitalschools.com.au | Copyright © Digital Schools. All Rights Reserved